Wednesday, August 1, 2018

A New Chapter


Ok, I know. It’s been eight months since my last post, and my life has changed quite a bit. I decided to make a bold step and actually make my own happiness a priority, as I discussed in January. Writing made me happy, but I had trouble finding time to both write consistently and to collect my thoughts coherently and put them to paper. For that matter, I rarely found much personal time because of teaching and union activities, much to my extroverted self's chagrin.

For those who didn’t know, I made a large life-shift in July and I moved to Denver. There are many reasons for this move, which I'll eventually explain. I’ve been here almost a month and am finally feeling like I have the composure and clarity to continue to tell my story.

I’m looking at this change as a huge leap, physically and metaphorically, into the unknown to allow myself to gain fresh perspective on the things which have happened over the past two years. I needed to gain some distance to come to terms with who I am now, as I have grown and evolved so much in this process.

I’m looking forward to sharing many of the things which I’ve discovered, some painful, some which helped me gain understanding, and some which have brought me joy. I imagine, you, dear reader, might feel many of these things too.

Change is where the growth happens, and I’ve become increasingly more accepting that my life will always be about balancing the changes which occur around me. Some of that balance comes from accepting the things which have happened in the past that cannot be changed, and some comes from how I’ve chosen to deal with these new-found discoveries. These discoveries have been often unexpected, typically chaotic, but always important to my understanding of self.

Welcome back to this tale. Join me as I continue to learn balance in chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment